“I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and we just love it," says Greta Igl in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. "It tastes wonderful, comes together in minutes and is a great way to use up all our garden zucchini.”
- 1-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, basil and garlic powder in butter for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and cheese. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Zucchini Saute in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p57
Reviews for Cheddar Zucchini Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2012
"Easy and tasty! I added 1/8 c frozen corn and it made it a great vegetable dish."