Cheddar Zucchini Medley Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; mix well. Sprinkle with cheeses. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 135 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cheddar Zucchini Medley
"I have made this a half dozen times now and have tried it with a couple of zucchini and a couple of yellow squash together and added sliced mushrooms to the pan. I prefer olive oil over canola and I used a full cup of the mozzarella rather than the 1/2 c because I make this as a main dish. This is so easy to do, all in one pan and cheese melts just fine on top of the hot veggies."