Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed multigrain crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 5 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Spoon over cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in bacon. Pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte(13)
Sort By :
Made this for a New Years party. Everyone raved! I added more onion, mushrooms, and a little asparagus. Great!
This is delicious! I made it for my bed and breakfast guests this morning. I told them it was an 'experiment' and they said I should definitely make it again. It took 35 minutes to bake, came out of the springform pan easily, and browned nicely on top. A winner!
Wow! So so easy! I saw this as a repin on Pinterest and thought it sounded good. I had a Christmas party to go to and I was a bit pressed for time, not to mention ingredients. This was AMAZING! Like many others that tried this recipe, it was certainly a crowd pleaser... Gone in 30 mins! Had many compliments and requests. I omitted the bacon because there were a couple of vegetarians but it didn't matter! I used regular cream cheese and added my own herbs and garlic to the sautéed veg. I had on hand asparagus, red onion, mushrooms, peppers and added the zucchini. It was divine! Making three more tomorrow! Very nice work Barbara, thank you!h
YUM! Doubled (except not quite double on the cheese) and baked in a foil-lined 13x9. Took approx. 45 min. Used multi-grain Club crackers. The "crust" did not hold together - it was just loose crumbs. Used 1 tub low-fat herb cream cheese and 8 oz. plain neufchatel. Took to a church breakfast potluck cut into small squares. Big hit!!
This turned out exactly like the picture and it was yummy too! I didn't have any zucchini, so I added extra mushrooms and red pepper. I will make this again soon!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >