Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed multigrain crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 5 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Spoon over cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in bacon. Pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 164 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar-Veggie Appetizer Torte
"This was really good... took to a party, and not enough people tried it to give it 5 stars. I would make again."
"Absolutely delicious! followed directions...added a bit more vegetables. Made in springform pan. nice presentation! Will double the recipe next time!"
"Delicious! Everyone wanted the recipe."
"Made this for a New Years party. Everyone raved! I added more onion, mushrooms, and a little asparagus. Great!"
"Wow! So so easy! I saw this as a repin on Pinterest and thought it sounded good. I had a Christmas party to go to and I was a bit pressed for time, not to mention ingredients. This was AMAZING! Like many others that tried this recipe, it was certainly a crowd pleaser... Gone in 30 mins! Had many compliments and requests. I omitted the bacon because there were a couple of vegetarians but it didn't matter! I used regular cream cheese and added my own herbs and garlic to the sautéed veg. I had on hand asparagus, red onion, mushrooms, peppers and added the zucchini. It was divine! Making three more tomorrow! Very nice work Barbara, thank you!h"
"YUM! Doubled (except not quite double on the cheese) and baked in a foil-lined 13x9. Took approx. 45 min. Used multi-grain Club crackers. The "crust" did not hold together - it was just loose crumbs. Used 1 tub low-fat herb cream cheese and 8 oz. plain neufchatel. Took to a church breakfast potluck cut into small squares. Big hit!!"
"This turned out exactly like the picture and it was yummy too! I didn't have any zucchini, so I added extra mushrooms and red pepper. I will make this again soon!"
"I used Kebbler mini multi grain crackers. Loved the torte but would add more of the vegetables next time. Great taste!!"
"This receipe turned out exact. I added extra red peppers and mushrooms than called for. Worth making again. Next time will try in a 9x13 pan so can make appetizers with it"
"What type of multi grain cracker??"
"This is so tasty! I used extra sharp cheddar and only used about 1 cup. My son said that it is so good he could eat the whole thing. Yum!"
"I made this yeasterday for a Christmas party. WHAT A HIT!!!!! Before I left the party 2 people asked me for the recipe, then this morning I had oone phone call requesting this recipe. It was easy and held up well on the buffet. thanks for this recipe. I know I will make this many, many times."
"Made this for a girls luncheon. There none left and everyone requested the receipe. quick, easy, tasty, A winner!!!"
"Made this for a X-mas party and it was a hit. Everyone enjoyed it. Will definitely make again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.