After one taste, this cozy soup from Lisa Welch of Germantown, Tennessee is bound to become a family favorite. It's a snap to stir up with leftover Cheddar Cheese Sauce and frozen vegetables.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, broccoli and carrot blend
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth, frozen vegetables, celery and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese sauce, salt and Italian seasoning. Cook on low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p49
Reviews for Cheddar Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2012
"delicious. my husband LOVED this recipe. i did use 3 cans of cheese soup and I added a chicken breast."