After one taste, this cozy soup from Lisa Welch of Germantown, Tennessee is bound to become a family favorite. It's a snap to stir up with leftover Cheddar Cheese Sauce and frozen vegetables.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, broccoli and carrot blend
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring broth, frozen vegetables, celery and onion to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese sauce, salt and Italian seasoning. Cook on low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p49
Reviews for Cheddar Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2012
"delicious. my husband LOVED this recipe. i did use 3 cans of cheese soup and I added a chicken breast."