Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
Our family rarely have her steak without these easy-to-fix potatoes. They're creamy and full of bacon, cheese and onion flavor. —Heather Ahrens Columbus, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub each with 1 teaspoon butter. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In drippings, saute onion until tender; set aside.
- 3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash pulp with remaining butter. Stir in milk, egg, salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese, bacon and onion.
- 4. Spoon into the potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 563 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC