Cheddar Turkey Casserole Recipe
This recipe comes with lots of mass appeal, thanks to its cheesy sauce. Pasta, veggies and leftover turkey combine to create a filling meal. —Steve Foy, Kirkwood, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, thyme and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Toss with turkey, vegetables and cheese sauce.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 513 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 703 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC