- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, thyme and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Toss with turkey, vegetables and cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Turkey Casserole
Sort By :
I liked this, my husband did not. I made it with chicken (what I had on hand) and it was a little bland. I added some kosher salt to my helping which made it tastier. I'll make it again.....but when my hubby is working out of town!
I made this yesterday and cut it in half and baked it in a 8 by 8 Pyrex dish"for 30 minutes. It turned out wonderfully! My husband usually only likes deli turkey and turkey at thanksgiving but he said that he liked this twist on leftover turkey!
My husband was a fan. I cut the recipe in half since it is just two of us. And still had some left. It was great!
so simple and tasty
needs more spice
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >