Cheddar Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard, thyme and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Toss with turkey, vegetables and cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately or before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake according to directions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Turkey Casserole(8)
Sort By :
I made this yesterday and cut it in half and baked it in a 8 by 8 Pyrex dish"for 30 minutes. It turned out wonderfully! My husband usually only likes deli turkey and turkey at thanksgiving but he said that he liked this twist on leftover turkey!
My husband was a fan. I cut the recipe in half since it is just two of us. And still had some left. It was great!
so simple and tasty
needs more spice
This needs a little more spice but other than that this was a great recipe! Even the pickest eater my family liked it! I will be making this again for sure!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >