Cheddar Turkey Bake Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 60 crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat. Add rice; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- Divide rice between two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle each with turkey and peas. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and salt; pour over turkey. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
Reviews for Cheddar Turkey Bake
Sort By :
Plan on making this again, only making half the recipe, since we're empty nesters.
Super easy to make and delicious!! I might even cut the recipe in half next time since one 9x9 is enough for my family.
Very good. I used chicken as well and added shredded cheese at the end. Family loved it.
I substituted 2 cups cubed precooked chicken for the meat it turned out delicious my husband gave it a thumbs up