- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 60 crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat. Add rice; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork.
- Divide rice between two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle each with turkey and peas. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and salt; pour over turkey. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (4-6 servings each).
Reviews for Cheddar Turkey Bake
"I substitute noodles for rice. Family loves it!"
"Plan on making this again, only making half the recipe, since we're empty nesters."
"Super easy to make and delicious!! I might even cut the recipe in half next time since one 9x9 is enough for my family."
"Very good. I used chicken as well and added shredded cheese at the end. Family loved it."