- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm fat-free milk (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Coat two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add milk and water; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour (dough will be sticky). Transfer to prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Cheddar-Topped English Muffin Bread in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p31
Reviews for Cheddar-Topped English Muffin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2012