Cheddar Taters Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gently stir in the Tater Tots. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 446 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Taters
"I made this with light sour cream and skim evaporated milk and it was really good!"
"Oh so delicious! Easy to prepare too. I tweaked this dish to make it a little healthier - I used low fat evap milk, and omitted the sour cream and butter, without anyone noticing. I also added a can of mushroom pieces, and used crushed cornflakes instead of chips. The verdict? Well, the recipe states it is to serve 8 - 10 but our family of 4 polished off the whole dish in one sitting! The crunchy cheese topping makes a lovely contrast to the savory filling."
"These were sooo good! Of course not the healthiest recipe, but I knew that going in. . . and oh, were my taste buds rewarded! Didn't do the chips on top but still excellent."