Cheddar Spirals Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cream, soup and butter until smooth; stir in the cheese and pasta. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until cheese is melted. Yield: 15 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 260 calories, 19g fat (13g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Spirals
"One of the best Mac and Cheese recipes I've ever made!"
"I think this is one of the best Mac and Cheese recipes I have ever made from a crockpot!"
"Using becmalo's changes, our family thinks it's "a keeper," with some additional seasoning. Next time, I'll add bacon or lil Smokies--it definitely needs a little more salt (I'm not usually a salt person.) for flavor. For ease of preparation, it definitely gets 5 stars, though. I love slow cooker recipes!"
"Whenever I make this for a potluck, it's gone by the time I reach it! My kids also request it often."
"This is a great side dish! And so easy to put together. I will definately make this again!"
"A dinner the whole family loves, and easy to make"
"This is a good basic recipe, and although it was very rich-tasting, it didn't have much flavor. I reduced the fat considerably and added some seasoning and it's much better: 16 oz rotini pasta, 3/4 cup fat-free half and half, 3/4 cup skim milk, 10.75-oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup, 1/8 cup margarine or butter, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp dry mustard, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 2.5 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (mild or sharp; or a mixture of both). With these changes, it's a keeper!"
"I did not like this at all."
"This was fantastic! Our entire family loved it. I will be making it again and again."
"It was okay nothing spectacular."
"I made this last night and it was great very easy, skipped the butter and used a whole wheat pasta but it still turned out good."