- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cream, soup and butter until smooth; stir in the cheese and pasta. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until cheese is melted. Yield: 15 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Cheddar Spirals
"One of the best Mac and Cheese recipes I've ever made!"
"I think this is one of the best Mac and Cheese recipes I have ever made from a crockpot!"
"Using becmalo's changes, our family thinks it's "a keeper," with some additional seasoning. Next time, I'll add bacon or lil Smokies--it definitely needs a little more salt (I'm not usually a salt person.) for flavor. For ease of preparation, it definitely gets 5 stars, though. I love slow cooker recipes!"
"Whenever I make this for a potluck, it's gone by the time I reach it! My kids also request it often."
"This is a great side dish! And so easy to put together. I will definately make this again!"
"A dinner the whole family loves, and easy to make"
"This is a good basic recipe, and although it was very rich-tasting, it didn't have much flavor. I reduced the fat considerably and added some seasoning and it's much better: 16 oz rotini pasta, 3/4 cup fat-free half and half, 3/4 cup skim milk, 10.75-oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup, 1/8 cup margarine or butter, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp dry mustard, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 2.5 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (mild or sharp; or a mixture of both). With these changes, it's a keeper!"
"I did not like this at all."
"This was fantastic! Our entire family loved it. I will be making it again and again."