- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 48 tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, cheese, chilies, onions and olives. Combine the mayonnaise and cumin; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into tortilla scoops. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cheddar Shrimp Nachos
"Has anyone used this with out cooking it so that it could be brought to a picnic or party with out a stove?"
"Delicious appetizers, but you need to eat them quickly as they get soggy pretty fast."
"Delicious. I substituted 1/2 cup sour cream + 1/4 cup cream cheese for the mayo and sprinkled paprika on them when they came out of oven."
"These nachos are always a hit! I love that they are individual bites. Well worth the little bit of extra time."
"I have been making these for sometime now. They are my favorite of all appetizers. I also use Tostitos. Thank you for this wonderful recipe."