My wife and I take turns in the kitchen. When I created this creamy dish, it quickly became one of our favorites.—Brad Walker, Holt, Michigan
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the garlic in butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1 cup of cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta; add the pasta, shrimp and corn to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Shrimp and Penne in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p105
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheddar Shrimp and Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review