Handy biscuit mix and cheese soup hurry along these hearty muffins from Melissa Vannoy of Childress, Texas. The golden muffins are great at breakfast, brunch or a soup lunch.
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese and water. Stir in biscuit mix until blended. Add sausage. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Sausage Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p9
Reviews for Cheddar Sausage Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2015
"I use hot sausage to mine. I also cook some chopped onions in with the sausage. My family gobbles them up. Love this simple recipe."
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2010