Cheddar Sausage Breakfast Muffins
Folks say breakfast is my specialty, and these hearty muffins fit right in with a good country breakfast.Clyde Blount, Pearl, Mississippi
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, milk and butter
- stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage and
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 191 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.