Cheddar Sausage Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Folks say breakfast is my specialty, and these hearty muffins fit right in with a good country breakfast.—Clyde Blount, Pearl, Mississippi
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, milk and butter stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage and cheese.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 191 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC