Cheddar-Salsa Biscuit Strips Recipe
A few ingredients are all you'll need for these tender breadsticks that get their kick from salsa. "I brought them to a wedding shower and got rave reviews," says Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama. "They're an excellent finger food for parties and equally good alongside soup or chili."
- 1-2/3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- Additional melted butter, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour and cheese. Stir in the salsa, butter and water just until combined. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times or until smooth.
- 2. Roll out into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter if desired. Remove from pan to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 84 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar-Salsa Biscuit Strips
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC