Cheddar Salmon Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Stir in milk.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to an ungreased pie plate; trim and flute edges. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine salmon, cheese, green pepper, onion, flour, salt and pepper; spoon into crust. Combine the eggs and milk; pour over salmon mixture.
- 4. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 438 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Salmon Quiche
"We did not care for this recipe, will not make again."
"Very simple to make. I have made this numerous times and always comes out delicious."
"I have made this recipe a couple of times now. It is very quick and very easy. It also tastes really good! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"I'm not a fan of canned salmon either, but I love fresh, so how about trying it with fresh salmon? Baked before using in the recipe, of course. Think I'll give it a try."
"Quiche does not have an over-bearing salmon taste but one does need to like salmon because it can definately be tasted. Kind of a mild quiche, a good introduction for one to try a salmon quiche. My husband and I both rated it about an 8 out of 10 - pretty good."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.