Cheddar Salmon Quiche Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Stir in milk.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to an ungreased pie plate; trim and flute edges. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine salmon, cheese, green pepper, onion, flour, salt and pepper; spoon into crust. Combine the eggs and milk; pour over salmon mixture.
- 4. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 438 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Salmon Quiche
"We did not care for this recipe, will not make again."
"Very simple to make. I have made this numerous times and always comes out delicious."
"I have made this recipe a couple of times now. It is very quick and very easy. It also tastes really good! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"I'm not a fan of canned salmon either, but I love fresh, so how about trying it with fresh salmon? Baked before using in the recipe, of course. Think I'll give it a try."
"Quiche does not have an over-bearing salmon taste but one does need to like salmon because it can definately be tasted. Kind of a mild quiche, a good introduction for one to try a salmon quiche. My husband and I both rated it about an 8 out of 10 - pretty good."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.