Cheddar Salmon Quiche Recipe
My mother-in-law shared the recipe for this cheesy salmon dish. It dresses up convenient canned salmon in a very satisfying way. We enjoy this pretty quiche frequently during Lent. -Jane Horn, Bellevue, Ohio
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Stir in milk.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to an ungreased pie plate; trim and flute edges. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine salmon, cheese, green pepper, onion, flour, salt and pepper; spoon into crust. Combine the eggs and milk; pour over salmon mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Salmon Quiche in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheddar Salmon Quiche(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Quiche >
- Salmon Dinners >