With its blend of garlic, parsley and cheese, this casserole makes a savory side dish. "It's one of my favorite ways to serve rice," comments Nancy Baylor of Holiday Island, Arkansas.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Rice Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p57
Reviews for Cheddar Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2010
"I have made this recipe for years and it is always a hit! I make this for my SIL at Christmas every year. A keeper recipe!"