Cheddar Rice Casserole Recipe
With its blend of garlic, parsley and cheese, this casserole makes a savory side dish. "It's one of my favorite ways to serve rice," comments Nancy Baylor of Holiday Island, Arkansas.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Rice Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p57
Reviews for Cheddar Rice Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2010
I have made this recipe for years and it is always a hit! I make this for my SIL at Christmas every year. A keeper recipe!