Cheddar Puff Biscuits
This is one of my favorite biscuit recipes because it's fast, simple and doesn't require any special ingredients. I sometimes freeze some baked puffs, then reheat in foil.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil. Add flour all
- at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat;
- let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Add the cheese, onion, garlic powder and pepper; beat
- until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve
- warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.