Cheddar Puff Biscuits Recipe
This is one of my favorite biscuit recipes because it's fast, simple and doesn't require any special ingredients. I sometimes freeze some baked puffs, then reheat in foil.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cheese, onion, garlic powder and pepper; beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Puff Biscuits in Best of Country Breads 2000, p97
Reviews for Cheddar Puff Biscuits(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2011
Looks like a cookie, tastes like low-sodium play-doh. Re-think this recipe please!