Cheddar Potato Wedges
"My aunt served this when we stopped in on short notice," recalls Kathy Troyer from Gladys, Virginia. The microwave hurries along preparation of these easy cheesy potatoes. "Our four children enjoy this quick snack, especially with ketchup," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 medium potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic salt, seasoned
- salt and paprika. Add potatoes; seal bag and toss to coat. Transfer
- potatoes to an ungreased microwave-safe dish. Dot with butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Turn potatoes; cook 2-3
- minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let
- stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 potato wedges (prepared with garlic powder, reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 234 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.