Cheddar Potato Wedges Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 medium potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic salt, seasoned salt and paprika. Add potatoes; seal bag and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to an ungreased microwave-safe dish. Dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Turn potatoes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
6 potato wedges (prepared with garlic powder, reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 234 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.