Cheddar Potato Wedges Recipe
"My aunt served this when we stopped in on short notice," recalls Kathy Troyer from Gladys, Virginia. The microwave hurries along preparation of these easy cheesy potatoes. "Our four children enjoy this quick snack, especially with ketchup," she notes.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 medium potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the garlic salt, seasoned salt and paprika. Add potatoes; seal bag and toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to an ungreased microwave-safe dish. Dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Turn potatoes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Potato Wedges in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p21
Reviews for Cheddar Potato Wedges(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
These are excellent. They did take about double the time in the microwave, but very good.