Cheddar Potato Strips
This easy dish wins compliments every time I serve it to family and guests. Fresh parsley adds flavor and looks nice sprinkled over the melted cheddar cheese.
-Lucinda Walker, Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, arrange potatoes in a single
- layer. Pour milk over potatoes. Dot with butter; sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until
- the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake,
- uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.