- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- Seasoned croutons and minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Garnish with croutons and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Potato Soup
Sort By :
"A little too mushy and bland for me..I added some cooked cubed potatoes and topped with green onions..the base is good though"
"AMAZING!! I left some potatos in chunks. added some more broth and milk and it wasnt thick or stringy. i will def make again...oh and LOL at male cow lactate review..im no master chef but even i didnt mess this up=]"
"To: HiThere.....Just wondering....how do you know what "male cow lactate" tastes like? And, by the way, what IS a "male cow"?"
"This wasted all of my good cheddar cheese, and tasted of male cow lactate. Please fix it, thanks!"
"I followed the instructions and ended up with stringy clumps of cheese."