- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- Seasoned croutons and minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Garnish with croutons and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Great recipe, easy, tasty."
"Disappointing. I made a double batch because I had some Cheddar Potato soup at a local restaurant and couldn't wait to try this one out...but it was way too bland. I spent an hour adding all kinds of things, like Worcestershire, garlic powder, more salt and pepper, and anything else I though would give this some flavor. Beside the blandness, my particular soup was too starchy. That might be more my fault than the recipe, but I used 3-1/2 large yukon gold potatoes...about 8 cups (remember, this was a double batch), so I don't think it was an ingredient problem. I'll attempt this soup again, but with a different recipe."
"A little too mushy and bland for me..I added some cooked cubed potatoes and topped with green onions..the base is good though"
"AMAZING!! I left some potatos in chunks. added some more broth and milk and it wasnt thick or stringy. i will def make again...oh and LOL at male cow lactate review..im no master chef but even i didnt mess this up=]"
"To: HiThere.....Just wondering....how do you know what "male cow lactate" tastes like? And, by the way, what IS a "male cow"?"