Cheddar Potato Soup Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- Seasoned croutons and minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Garnish with croutons and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Potato Soup
Sort By :
This wasted all of my good cheddar cheese, and tasted of male cow lactate. Please fix it, thanks!
I followed the instructions and ended up with stringy clumps of cheese.
Excellent and easy, followed others suggestions and left some chuncks along with some carrots and broccoli. A definite keeper!! thanks for sharing!
Delicious soup! My hubby loved it. I omitted the celery the first time I made it, when I make it the next time, I will leave some of the potatoes chunky, as some others said, and I am going to add chopped, fresh broccoli to it while the potatoes simmer as well. I may also top it with green onions to give it some color! Yum!
It was so full of FLAVOR!! To make it vegetarian~ I used vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth. Also- I was out of onions so I substituted green onions. They worked great!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >