Cheddar Potato Soup Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- Seasoned croutons and minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Garnish with croutons and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Potato Soup
Sort By :
"To: HiThere.....Just wondering....how do you know what "male cow lactate" tastes like? And, by the way, what IS a "male cow"?"
"This wasted all of my good cheddar cheese, and tasted of male cow lactate. Please fix it, thanks!"
"I followed the instructions and ended up with stringy clumps of cheese."
"Excellent and easy, followed others suggestions and left some chuncks along with some carrots and broccoli. A definite keeper!! thanks for sharing!"
"Delicious soup! My hubby loved it. I omitted the celery the first time I made it, when I make it the next time, I will leave some of the potatoes chunky, as some others said, and I am going to add chopped, fresh broccoli to it while the potatoes simmer as well. I may also top it with green onions to give it some color! Yum!"