Lots of Christmas treats are sweet. For a change of pace, I fill holiday goodie bags with my cheese crackers. The recipe has a large yield, but you can freeze the dough logs to bake later.—Heather Necessary, Shamokin Dan, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cheese until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Shape into eight 10-in. long logs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are crisp and lightly browned. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate in airtight containers.
Freeze option: Place wrapped logs in resealable plastic freezer bags; place in freezer. To use, unwrap frozen logs and cut into slices. If necessary, let dough stand 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting. Bake as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes. Yield: 24 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar-Pecan Crisps in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Cheddar-Pecan Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review