Cheddar Pear Pie Recipe
I take this pie to lots of different gatherings, and I make sure to have copies of the recipe with me since people always ask for it. It's amusing to see some folks puzzling over what's in the filling - they expect apples but love the subtle sweetness of the pears. -Cynthia LaBree, Elmer, New Jersey
- 4 large ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pears, sugar, cornstarch and salt; toss gently to coat. Pour into pie shell.
- 2. For topping, combine the cheese, flour, sugar and salt; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cool on a wire rack for 15-20. Serve warm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 346 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC