Cheddar Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
People in my part of Tennessee love potato dishes! This one tickles my fancy so much I couldn't help sharing it. I'm a widow with five grown children and eight grandchildren. I make these potatoes when they come to visit for family suppers and holidays. Most often, I serve them alongside meat and vegetables—but, with the cheese, they could be a main dish all by themselves.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes (about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Add the salt, cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Add potatoes; stir gently to mix.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC