Cheddar Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes (about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Add the salt, cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Add potatoes; stir gently to mix.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Parmesan Potatoes
"Really liked them. A good potluck dish"
"These were a little too bland for my liking. I am trying to make them again though and adding either some onions or garlic for more flavor."
"i over cooked the potatoes but it did not really matter they still turned out awesome my family loved them and were super easy to make"
"Although I cooked the potatoes to long, so it made them a little tough to work with, the flavors were great! Definitly making this again!"
"Excellent ... I added a little cayenne pepper to kick it up a bit."
"This one's definitely a keeper! It has become a Christmas Eve tradition in our home. Even my picky little son asks for seconds!"
"What a treat! Very good. I overcooked my potatoes though which, after baking, were a bit too soft. Next time I will just parboil until just barely tender. Other than that this recipe is delish!!!!!!!!"
"I made this last night and will make it many more times. It was absolutely delicious! Would not change a thing!"
"Very good! We are cheese lovers so I did add extra of both cheeses. Definitely will make again."