Cheddar Pancakes Recipe
This is our favorite special-occasion breakfast. I usually double the recipe and freeze leftovers for a quick midweek morning meal. —Virginia Mae Folsom, Agincourt, Ontario
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Applesauce, warmed, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 8-10 pancakes.
2 each: 286 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Cheddar Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC