Cheddar Pancakes Recipe
This is our favorite special-occasion breakfast. I usually double the recipe and freeze leftovers for a quick midweek morning meal. Virginia Mae Folsom, Agincourt, Ontario
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Applesauce, warmed, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 8-10 pancakes.
Originally published as Cheddar Pancakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p162
Reviews for Cheddar Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2013
we love chader cheese and this really make a good pancake. i made them for sunday breakfast.. on this day we have huge breakfast and always try different recipes for breakfast. they were quick, esy and yummy