This is our favorite special-occasion breakfast. I usually double the recipe and freeze leftovers for a quick midweek morning meal. —Virginia Mae Folsom, Agincourt, Ontario
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Applesauce, warmed, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with applesauce if desired. Yield: 8-10 pancakes.
Originally published as Cheddar Pancakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p162
Reviews for Cheddar Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2013
"we love chader cheese and this really make a good pancake. i made them for sunday breakfast.. on this day we have huge breakfast and always try different recipes for breakfast. they were quick, esy and yummy"