- 4-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes (dough will be soft).
- Punch dough down; divided into three portions. Shape each portion into 12 balls. Place in three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with egg white. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Pan Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p230
Reviews for Cheddar Pan Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review