Cheddar Olive Loaf Recipe
Made in the bread machine, this moist loaf has nice texture and great flavor. The cheese also gives the bread an appealing light orange tint. It smells so good while baking that I can hardly wait until it's done and cool enough to slice! -Catherine Dawe, Kent, Ohio
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, well drained and sliced
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust, color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Olive Loaf
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2011
"Delicious!Just the right amount of cheesy goodness (I used a white, extra-sharp cheddar, as it is always found in my 'fridge), combined with the light flavor of green olives in a perfectly-textured bread.This bread is great both warm (out of the machine) and room temperature.I'll be making this bread again and again!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC