Cheddar Olive Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, well drained and sliced
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust, color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Cheddar Olive Loaf
Sort By :
Just the right amount of cheesy goodness (I used a white, extra-sharp cheddar, as it is always found in my 'fridge), combined with the light flavor of green olives in a perfectly-textured bread.
This bread is great both warm (out of the machine) and room temperature.
I'll be making this bread again and again!