Cheddar Mushroom Macaroni Recipe
This is my favorite dish to bring to church dinners, and whenever we have a carry-in at work, I'm asked to make it. I discovered the recipe several years ago. The rich creamy taste keeps it on my list of favorites. My husband even loves it cold! -Barbara Williams, Shady Dale, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 garlic clove, minced, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in macaroni and garlic if desired.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 527 calories, 40 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC