This is my favorite dish to bring to church dinners, and whenever we have a carry-in at work, I'm asked to make it. I discovered the recipe several years ago. The rich creamy taste keeps it on my list of favorites. My husband even loves it cold! -Barbara Williams, Shady Dale, Georgia
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 garlic clove, minced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in macaroni and garlic if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Mushroom Macaroni in Reminisce May/June 2002, p48
Reviews for Cheddar Mushroom Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review