- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 garlic clove, minced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in macaroni and garlic if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheddar Mushroom Macaroni
"Barbara..this is the BEST. I cut it out of a magazine submitted by you years ago. I have made it for every party I throw here...LOVE IT.. My family and friends can't get enough of it. I do add extra mushrooms 3 cans. So happy you shared this. Oh and it is good cold too!"
"This wasn't bad, but it wasn't great, either. I prefer a macaroni and cheese with smooth cheese, and this isn't one of those recipes. The mushrooms were a nice touch, though."
"This is the best Macaroni and Cheese dish I have ever tasted. I did lighten it a little with no fat mayonaise and reduced fat cheese. And I added a little bread crumbs to it. Everyone that I've made this for loves it!"