A moist, cheesy muffin studded with sweet red pepper and green onions is so satisfying during the winter months. I recommend making a double batch because these disappear in a flash! —Maria Morelli, Kelowna, British Columbia
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, Italian seasoning, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and garlic until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheddar cheese, onions, pepper and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cheddar Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p55
Reviews for Cheddar Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review