Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe
"This new twist on an old favorite is great for company because it makes plenty," assures Debra Francis of Nathalie, Virginia. "The original recipe called for baked potatoes, but boiling them is quicker."
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and chives if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Mashed Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p37
Reviews for Cheddar Mashed Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review