Cheddar Loaves Recipe
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, salt and 6 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead cheese into the dough. Divide in half; shape each portion into a 6-in. round loaf. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Cheddar Loaves(3)
Sort By :
This is a really excellent bread. It is a light bread and very well liked. I have used just regualar medium cheddar cheese and it tastes just as good. I also bake it in loaf pans everytime.
I have made this recipe a number of times, we love it and have had many comments on it from others as well.
This was delicious! Will definately make this again.