Cheddar Herb Snacks Recipe
"These quick herbed rolls really hit the spot when you're looking for a savory snack," promises Peggy Burdick of Burlington, Michigan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 6 to 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread over the bottom half of each bun. Top with remaining bun half.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each bun into 1-in. pieces. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 122 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC