Cheddar Herb Snacks
"These quick herbed rolls really hit the spot when you're looking for a savory snack," promises Peggy Burdick of Burlington, Michigan.
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 6 to 8 hot dog buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread over the
- bottom half of each bun. Top with remaining bun half.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Cut each bun into 1-in. pieces.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 122 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.