"This crunchy, delicious bread is a hit with my husband and children," writes Ann Jacobsen of Oakland, Michigan. "It's a fun accompaniment to any meal you make on the grill—the garlic flavor really comes through."
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on both sides of each slice of bread; reassemble the loaf. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28x18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Herb Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p56
Reviews for Cheddar Herb Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2009
"Made this for Father's Day and it was a great hit! Will definitely make again for ANY meal special or not!"