"This crunchy, delicious bread is a hit with my husband and children," writes Ann Jacobsen of Oakland, Michigan. "It's a fun accompaniment to any meal you make on the grill—the garlic flavor really comes through."
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on both sides of each slice of bread; reassemble the loaf. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Herb Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p56
Reviews for Cheddar Herb Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2009
"Made this for Father's Day and it was a great hit! Will definitely make again for ANY meal special or not!"