Cheddar Hash Brown Omelet Recipe
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham or Polish sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, saute potatoes, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Sprinkle with ham. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pepper and salt; add to the skillet.
- 2. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; fold omelet in half. Cover; cooked for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 321 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 370 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Cheddar Hash Brown Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.