Cheddar-Ham Oven Omelet
We had a family reunion for 50 relatives from the U.S. and Canada, and it took four pans of this hearty, five-ingredient omelet to feed the crowd. Fresh fruit and an assortment of muffins helped round out our brunch menu.—Betty Abrey, Imperial, Saskatchewan
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 16 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in the cheese, ham and
- onions. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 208 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 314 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.