Cheddar Green Beans
THIS DISH was my grandmother's way of getting us young kids to eat our green vegetables. She was a wonderful cook and inspired me to get creative in my cooking.
Sunday dinner was always served at noon at her house, and everything on the table was homemade and delicious.
-Linda Poole, Rainbow, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet,
- saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Drain beans; add to
- onion mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top
- with cheese just before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.