"I get a lot of recipes from friends, and this one is no exception," writes Frances Poste from her home in Wall, South Dakota. Biscuit mix is combined with a little minced onion, garlic powder and cheese to create these golden drop biscuits that bake in a flash.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine biscuit mix, cheese and onion in a large bowl. Stir in milk until a soft dough forms; stir 30 seconds.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled biscuits in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, heat in a preheated 350° oven 15-20 minutes. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Originally published as Cheddar Garlic Biscuits in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p42
Reviews for Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review