- 1-1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 package (8 ounces) dried fruit, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 slices Italian or French bread (cut diagonally 1 inch thick)
- 1-1/3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the syrup, fruit and walnuts; cover and let stand overnight.
- Cut a slit in the crust of each slice of bread to form a pocket. Stuff each pocket with 2 tablespoons cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt; soak bread for 2 minutes per side. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with dried fruit syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar French Toast with Dried Fruit Syrup in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p45
Reviews for Cheddar French Toast with Dried Fruit Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review