The idea for this sandwich came from a restaurant who serves their sandwich on garlic bread. This sandwich takes no time at all to put together.— Holly Szwej, Bridgeport, New York
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute. Place rolls on a baking sheet; brush cut sides with garlic butter. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a large saucepan, combine beef and broth; heat through. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, place beef on rolls. Serve sandwiches with remaining broth for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar French Dip Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p53
Reviews for Cheddar French Dip Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review